Chad Johnson released from jail after apology
Former NFL wide receiver Chad Johnson was scheduled to be released from jail Monday after apologizing to a judge for his court room behavior last week.
Johnson was sentenced to 30 days in jail last Monday during a hearing in front of Broward County Circuit Judge Kathleen McHugh, who assessed the jail term after Johnson playfully slapped his attorney's butt for his good work during a probation violation hearing. Full Story.(Photo: Andy Lyons/Getty Images)
The Buffalo Bills have signed quarterback EJ Manuel, their rookie first-round draft pick. The signing was announced Friday, a day after the Bills closed a three-day mandatory minicamp, their final session before training camp opens July 28. Full Story.
The Green Bay Packers have released linebacker Desmond Bishop. The move Monday was expected as a cost-saving measure. Bishop was due to make $3.464 million this season after missing all of last year with a hamstring injury. Full Story.
NFL Head Coaches
After a win they are geniuses, after a loss they are fools. Take a look at the NFL's 32 head coaches. Current NFL Head Coaches
Canadians In The NFL
Several Canadians played in the NFL this season, including Nate Burleson, Orlando Franklin, and Jon Ryan. Canadians In The NFL
- August 3: Hall of Fame Inductions
- August 4: Hall of Fame Game - Cowboys vs. Dolphins
- September 5: Regular Season Opener - Ravens vs. Broncos
- January 4-5, 2014: Wild Card Weekend
- January 11-12, 2014: Divisional Playoffs
- January 19, 2014: Conference Championships
- January 26, 2014: Pro Bowl (Honolulu)
- February 2, 2014: Super Bowl XLVIII (New York)
- February 18-25, 2014: Scouting Combine (Indianapolis)
- March 11, 2014: Free Agency Begins
- May 8-10, 2014: NFL Draft (New York)